Application and Course Registration Policies
The following items must be received before registration will be date and time stamped for
- Course Registration(s)
- Course Registration Non-Refundable Fees
- Application Fee(s)
- Study Hall Fee(s)
- PATH Application
- PATH Statement of Faith
- PATH Parent/Student Contract
- PATH Medical Release Form
- PATH Liability Waiver
- Placement Test, when applicable.
Closed Priority Registration
Closed priority registration period will be available for the leadership team, PATH teachers, and current returning PATH families. Other families may submit their registration beforehand, but it will not be processed until the end of closed registration. Leadership reserves the right to refuse a student’s application due to misbehavior or unbiblical behavior from a previous year on the part of the student and/or parent, poor academic performance, habitual absenteeism, or failure to pay fees from the previous year. Notification of acceptance, refusal, or waiting list will be made within five days of registration period.
Open registration period, which follows the closed registration, will be for new families to register for the remaining openings. These families may submit their registration beforehand, but it will not be processed until the end of closed registration. Returning PATH students may still apply but will no longer have priority over the new students. Notification of acceptance, refusal, or waiting list will be made within five days of registration period. Applications will continue to be accepted throughout the summer, if there are any remaining openings.
Registration Priority Order
During closed priority registration, the priority is in this order:
- Students of the PATH leadership team
- Students of PATH teachers
- Families enrolled the prior year
- The date and time stamp
During open registration the priority is in this order:
- The date and time stamp
Registration Processing and Acceptance
The student must be at least 12 years of age by Sept. 30 of this year to be eligible to apply.
- Consideration will be given to students that are 12 years of age by Oct 30th and have completed the 6th grade. Academic and behavioral level must be at the level of the students in the classroom, so as not to distract from the older students’ group learning environment. Portfolio or placement tests must be submitted for evaluation and approval. Please keep in mind that you will required to pay for the entire course(es) if your child does not have the maturity or academic skills required to participate in the course(es).
- Registration can be in person to leadership or mailed to PATH PO Box 531 Milford, OH 45150. Checks are payable to PATH Milford. Fees and tuition deposits are nonrefundable, unless placed on the waiting list.
- Due to the Christian worldview perspective presented in the teaching, texts, and assignments in this program, carefully read and consider the statement of faith before signing.
- If the student is on any waiting list(s) for any course(s), then the tuition for the course(s) will be refunded; otherwise, all tuition is non-refundable.
- Register only for courses that you intend for your student to entirely complete. PATH contracts with teachers based on this intent. You will be responsible for full annual tuition even if your student withdraws from an active class.
- CCP (College Credit Plus) students may tentatively register for classes by paying the PATH registration fee ($75.00/student). Students who pay the remaining tuition and lab fees by June 15th will have a permanent position in the class. Students who do not pay the remaining fees by June 15th will be withdrawn. CCP students may also register and pay all required tuition and lab fees. Those students will have a permanent position in the class, and they have until June 15th to withdraw and have all tuition and lab fees refunded or applied to another class.
- The non-refundable course registration deposit is the application fee and study hall fee.
- Due to the group classroom setting and academic pace of PATH, register students for age appropriate courses.
- Acceptance for any class is dependent on a student passing the previous course in that subject. Any returning 7th -11th grade student who did not pass a PATH course the previous year will not be permitted to move on to the PATH course the following year.
- Any incoming 8th-12th grade student that is registering for English, High School math, or advanced foreign language and did not take that subject at PATH the prior school year will be required to take a placement test. If a student does not pass the test to be placed in a desired course, then the student may register for a lower level course, or tuition for that course will be reimbursed.
- During the summer, the students enrolled in English will be assigned a reading and writing assignment(s) that will be turned in on the first day of class.
- Leadership approval, placement test and/or portfolio must be satisfied for a student to have registration accepted for a course that is for older students.
- Academic and behavioral level must be at the level of the students in the classroom, so as not to distract from the other students’ group learning environment. Please keep in mind that you will be required to pay for the entire course(es) if your child needs to withdraw because he/she does not have the maturity or academic skills require to participate in the course(es).
It is our intention to keep the program costs at a minimum and to be fiscally responsible. Therefore, PATH requires each family to participate in a volunteer capacity. PATH does not offer any payment plans or discounted tuition for anyone, including members of the PATH leadership team. Teachers’ children will have free tuition only for courses they are teaching, in which their children are enrolled. The exclusion applies to tuition only. The teacher will pay any other costs associated with the course.
- Due with spring registration – application fees, study hall fee.
- Due by June 15th – 1st payment
- Due by quarter 1 – 2nd payment
- Due by quarter 2 – 3rd payment
- Due by quarter 3 – 4th payment
- The course costs are tuition and class fees, when applicable. Student textbooks and other books are additional expenses and are the parent’s responsibility.
- The non-refundable course registration deposit, due at registration, is the application fee and study hall fee.
- The 1st quarter tuition balance is due by June 15th. The other non-refundable tuition is due by the first day of quarters 1, 2, and 3.
- In appreciation to the host church, each family has the opportunity to pay a facility honorarium, which is 10% of the family’s total tuition cost. We have included this in your tuition fee and we will write a check to Faith Church for the applicable honorarium amounts each quarter.
- If tuition payment is not made by the deadline, the student will not be considered enrolled for the next quarter and can no longer attend the course(s). The waiting list will be contacted. Re-enrollment is only allowed when there is no waiting list for the course(s).
- All tuition prices are based on a minimum of 8 students per course, excluding the teacher’s child enrolled in their course for free tuition. If enrollment drops to below 8 paying students, PATH reserves the right to: 1) offer the parents the option of paying additional tuition per student to keep the course 2) ask the teacher to accept less pay 3) a combination of the above two options 4) cancel the course. Because the teacher contracts are signed in August, if, for some reason your child needs to withdraw, you will be required to pay for the full annual cost of the course(es).
Download the PATH Policies